Use This Stack to get Your Physique Back!
By: The Beverly Advisor Team
Where did your physique go? If you’re 40 years of age or older, you probably feel as if your body doesn’t look or perform the way it used to. There’s a good chance this has something to do with
The Big Three age-related conditions.
- Andropause, and
- Age-associated fat gain.
Learn about a stack that 40+ men are using to conquer
The Big Three and get their physique back!
Facts about Sarcopenia
- Sarcopenia is also known as age-associated muscle loss.
- Observational studies reveal that a man’s muscle mass and strength peak between his teens and 30’s. Following this, both undergo a steady decline.
- The average man can lose up to 8% of his muscle mass per decade after age 40. Strength may drop even faster.
- By 2015, it has been estimated that over 100 million men will suffer from sarcopenia.
- Contributing factors: Anabolic resistance, low testosterone (andropause).
Facts about Andropause
- The chief androgen in men is testosterone
- Andropause is also known as age-associated testosterone decline or deficiency.
- Between 35 and 40 years of age, men begin to experience a drop in circulating testosterone concentrations of approximately 0.8% per year. Free testosterone levels fall more rapidly, by 2-3% per year.
- Free testosterone is the fraction of circulating testosterone that is not bound to blood proteins. It is, therefore available, or
free, to produce physiological effects in the body. So, this is why free testosterone is considered to be so important.
- Symptoms of andropause can include deteriorations in energy, mood, libido, erectile performance, stamina, muscle mass, and strength.
- Contributing factors: Recent research suggests that andropause is not an inevitable consequence of aging. Contributing factors include excess body fat, stress, diabetes, and lack of exercise.
Facts about Age-Associated Fat Gain
- Starting as early as 30 years of age, an increase in fat mass (body fat) occurs in conjunction with muscle loss (sarcopenia).
- Contributing factors: Decreased levels of the main fat-burning enzymes, impaired thermogenesis, and decreased metabolic (calorie-burning) rate.
Joe Corbett Mature Muscle Personified
The Mature Muscle Stack:
The Big Three and get your physique back.
Stack Component #1: Muscle Provider, UMP, or Provosyn
We all know that the combination of resistance exercise and protein is your most powerful weapon against sarcopenia. It triggers ananabolic response in your muscles that (when repeated) causes them to become bigger and stronger.
Research indicates that as you get older, your muscles’ability to mount an anabolic response to resistance exercise and dietary protein becomes blunted. Scientists refer to this as
Anabolic resistance can be at least partly overcome by regular consumption of high-quality protein that is rich in the amino acid leucine. Muscle Provider, Ultimate Muscle Protein (UMP), and Provosyn are high quality protein supplements containing several grams of leucine per serving, plus every other amino acid required to build and repair muscle tissue. This makes them especially well-suited for men 40 years of age or older.
Usage tip: Enjoy a delicious shake made with1 serving of your choice of Beverly proteins immediately after resistance exercise. Have a second serving 4-5 hours later to boost muscle anabolism again.
Stack Component #2: Muscle synergy
Muscle synergy (powder or tablets) contains multiple ingredients that act synergistically to help combat age-associated muscle and strength loss. One of these ingredients is HMB, a naturally occurring, clinically studied compound that has been shown to enhance the benefits of resistance exercise. HMB is believed to work by rebuilding muscle and alleviating or preventing muscle damage associated with exercise, thereby shortening recovery time.
Usage tip: For maximum results, it is important that you take the full dosage recommended on the product label. Be sure to take at least one of your daily servings of MUSCLE SYNERGY before your workout.
Stack Component #3: Quadracarn
Testosterone exerts its physiological effects in the body by binding to androgen receptors. Androgen receptors are found in cells throughout the body, including skeletal muscle tissue.
Quadracarn contains four types of carnitine. One of these has been found to increase androgen receptor levels in muscle tissue. With more androgen receptors present, your testosterone signaling strength is improved. This is expected to enhance the effects of resistance exercise and shorten recovery times.
Quadracarn also supports fat-burning metabolism, circulation, and sexual performance, among other benefits. Usage tip: Carnitine takes some time to accumulate in your body. Therefore it is important to take Quadracarn every day, according to label directions. Don’t miss a dose.
Stack Component #4: 7-Keto Musclean
7-Keto Musclean© helps the 40+ man conquer age-associated fat gain. The driving force of this formula is 7-Keto. 7-Keto is a clinically studied form of 7-keto-dehydroepiandrosterone, a naturally occurring substance that is usually abbreviated as
By the time you reach 40, your production of 7-keto may have dropped by 40% and continues falling for the rest of your life. 7-Keto helps restore youthful levels of 7-keto and is clinically proven to produce three times more weight loss than diet and exercise alone.
7-Keto is thought to work by restoring levels of fat-burning enzymes, as well as thermogenesis and metabolic rate. It is supported by three clinical trials, all double-blind and placebo-controlled in design.
Usage tip: The clinical dose of 7-Keto is achieved by taking two servings of 7-Keto Musclean daily. Follow label directions.
Stack Component #5: Joint Care
When we think of muscle, we often forget that a good portion of muscle consists of connective tissue. In fact, every time you lift a load, your connective tissue bears the bulk of it. It’s no surprise that it undergoes serious wear and tear, particularly at age 40 and beyond.
Joint Care is a perfect addition to your Beverly Mature Muscle Stack. It contains ingredients like boron, hyaluronic acid, MSM and glucosamine that work synergistically to support a healthy inflammatory response and provide relief from joint discomfortand stiffness.
Here’s how to get the most benefit from the Mature Muscle Stack.
- Combat AGE RELATED MUSCLE LOSS with protein and Muscle Synergy
›› Ideal times are:
- Breakfast or mid-morning UMP and/or Provosyn with one serving of Muscle Synergy.
- Immediately before training: 1 serving Muscle Synergy
- Immediately after training: 1 serving Muscle Provider (or UMP)
- 4-5 Hours after training: UMP and/or Provosyn
- Combat ANDROPAUSE with 2-3 servings of Quadracarn per day. Take 3 tablets twice daily on non-workout days, and 3 tablets three times daily on workout days. (One serving just prior to workout.)
- Combat AGE-ASSOCIATED FAT GAIN with 7-Keto MuscLean. Take one serving (3 capsules) in the morning and another pre-workout or in the afternoon.
- Combat Joint and Connective Tissue wear and tear with Joint Care. Start with a
loading phaseby taking 3 capsules, 4 times daily for 1 week; 3 capsules 3 times daily during week 2; and then 3 capsules twice daily with meals from week 3 on.
Full Body Routine for Older Newcomers
- Here is a 2 or 3 day per week, whole body workout that provides a well-balanced program for 40 and older
newcomersto start training and combat the
Big Three! It is also great for anyone who is
getting backinto training after a prolonged lay-off.
- Press (barbell or dumbells) 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Curls (barbell or dumbells) 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bentover Row (barbell or dumbells) 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Squats (bodyweight if necessary to get the correct form), then add just the bar and slowly add weight each workout) 2x15
- Bench Press 3x6-8 Sit ups (or Crunches) 1 set as many as you can do in good form
- Leg Raise (or Knee Ups while hanging from chinning bar) 1 set as many as possible If you don’t do Knee Ups, it is still beneficial to just hang from the bar to decompress your spine (and improve your grip) 1 set as long as you can hold on
Split Routine for Intermediates
At age 50 and up, we can all benefit from an
Intermediate workout program
- Day 1
- Squat 5x5 (2 warm-up sets, then 3 sets with working weight), increase weight by 5 lbs when you get 5 reps on all 3
- Bench Press 5x5 (same as squat)
- Bentover Rows (or better alternatives are High Pulls or Power
- Cleans if you have the technique down) 5x5 (same progression as squat)
- Curls 3x5-8
- Calves and Abs 3x15 each
- Day 2
- Press 5x5 (same as Squat)
- Deadlift 5x5 (4 progressive warm-up sets starting with 60% of your work set poundage, and then add 10% each set; example for a 300x5 work set:: 180x5, 210x5, 240x5, 270x5, 300x5 (add 5 lbs whenever you get all 5 reps in good form)
- Alternate the next 2 exercises:
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns 5x8 (2 warm-up sets, then 3x8), (chins are better if you can get at least 8 reps on your 1st set)
- DB Bench Press (same as pulldown)
- Day 3
- Optional, this means that you can skip it without compromising results from this workout routine
- Leg Press (or Front Squat) 2x12-15 after warm-ups
- Alternate next 2 exercises:
- Incline Press (BB or DB) 2x10-12
- 1-Arm DB Row 2x10-12 Alternate next 3 exercises:
- DB Press 2x10-12
- DB Curl 2x10-12
- Close Grip Bench Press (or Dips) 2x10-12
- Calves and Abs 2x20 each