HOW TO MAXIMIZE MUSCLE AND MINIMIZE FAT; ACHIEVE A FAT-TO-MUSCLE TRANSITION
- Nutrition is the key factor in gaining muscle and losing fat!
- Not Train to build muscle – always!
- You should always tailor your training, cardio and nutrition to build muscle and lose
- Each extra pound of muscle means you can eat about 50 additional
ACCELERATE FAT–TO–MUSCLE TRANSITION WITH CORRECT NUTRIENT RATIO
- The most important factor in building – lean muscle tissue while losing fat is your ratio of protein, fats, and
- For most people 50% Protein, 20% Carbohydrate and 30% Fat is best for building muscle and losing fat at the same
- Another important factor if you want to lose fat and gain muscle is total caloric
- You can almost always eat more calories with a 50 – 20 – 30 ratio than with a lower fat
- It is nearly impossible to gain lean muscle tissue when your calorie intake is below maintenance
- To gain lean muscle you probably need between 12 and 15 calories per pound of Females should normally start with 12 calories per pound of bodyweight .
- Think of your bodyfat and lean muscle tissue as competing Each trying to attract the calories and carbs you eat to accumulate fat or build muscle respectively.
- The more fat you have the more chance that any additional calories and/or carbohydrates will be stored as fat. The greater your percentage of lean muscle tissue, the more extra calories you will be able to
MASTER FOOD LIST
This list should be used to make the best choices from each food category. You may substitute freely within each category any time you need a change of pace. For instance, if your diet calls for a 6 oz sweet potato and you just can’t eat one more sweet potato, you may substitute a cup of black beans. If you’re tired of having an apple with meal #2, eat 4 or 5 strawberries. This is your personal food guide.
Chicken Breast: Fresh or frozen bagged, boneless, skinless chicken breast, bagged chicken breast tenderloins or ground white chicken breast are great lean meat choices. Rotisseried or baked whole chickens (breast meat only, skin removed) can also be found pre-cooked in most grocery stores for under $5 per chicken. This is a convenient and easy way to get in your protein without having to cook it yourself.
Fish: Canned or packets of tuna or salmon make eating protein a snap. Fresh or frozen tuna, salmon, cod, tilapia or snapper are great fish choices too.
Turkey: Ground turkey breast (90% lean or leaner) tastes terrific and is a nice change of pace from your everyday chicken or beef.
Beef: Ground beef (90% or leaner), filet, sirloin steak, round and flank are the leanest cuts of beef.
Protein Powder: UMP or Muscle Provider
Asparagus, green beans, lettuce (all varieties), spinach, cauliflower, celery, broccoli, cucumbers, onions, peppers (all varieties), squash (summer varieties only) and tomatoes
Apples, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, fresh peaches, raspberries, blueberries, pears, pineapple and bananas (limited)
Brown rice, sweet potatoes or yams, red potatoes, white potatoes, oatmeal cream of rice, beans (black, lima and kidney).
Cashew butter, almond butter, peanut butter, heavy whipping cream, avocado, flaxseed oil, olive oil, safflower oil, Paul Newman’s oil & vinegar dressing, EFA Gold, almonds and walnuts
Vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, mustard, garlic, mushrooms, onions, scallions, lettuce, cucumber, citrus peels, chili peppers, dry seasonings, salt, pepper, sugar-free gum and sugar-free Jell-O
Diet sodas, coffee, water, sparkling water, and tea
FEMALE - CONTROLLED FAT LOSS NUTRITION PLAN – Level 1
Increase and harden lean muscle, minimize fat, increase energy levels, and improve overall health. Your goal is controlled fat loss while increasing lean muscle.
Your most important supplement is a high quality protein powder. Ultimate Muscle Protein and Muscle Provider are the best – use whichever one you like best or call Beverly International (800) 781-3475 for assistance.
FitTabs - take 2 FitTabs multi vitamins with breakfast and 2 more with dinner.
Lean Out Take 2 caps with each meal and shake (if fat loss is your primary goal).
Density Take 2 tablets with each meal (if muscle gain is your primary goal)
Glutamine Select Mix 1-2 scoops in 8-16 oz water. Sip before or throughout training sessions.
Eat 4-5 meals per day spaced 3-4 hours apart. Eat your last meal at least 1-2 hours before going to bed. Your goal will be to have 3 food meals and 1 or 2 protein shakes each day.
1 small serving protein
1 serving vegetables (optional)
1 serving complex or fibrous carbohydrate
Sample Meal: 3 egg white + 1 whole egg omelet w/vegetables; ½ cup oatmeal or ½ grapefruit
Protein Drink: 1 scoop of UMP or Muscle Provider protein in water (for flavor and variety you can add 1 tbsp almond butter or whipping cream per shake (1 tbsp fat per scoop of protein).
1 medium serving protein
2-3 servings vegetables
Sample Meal: 1 medium turkey burger; 2 cups broccoli or 2 cups green beans; 4 strawberries
Mid Afternoon Snack
Protein Drink: same options as mid-morning snack
1 large serving protein,
2-3 servings vegetables, 1 serving fat (dressing)
Sample Meal: 1 large chicken breast; ½ can green beans; 2 cups salad vegetables; 2 tbsp vinegar & oil dressing
Weekly Cheat Meal – Choose one meal each week to eat whatever you want.