1. Register for the show in advance and purchase your card.
2. What you will need in order to compete successfully:
- a lean physique
- a deep tan
- ability to pose perfectly in each quarter turn
- a flattering presentation stance
- an individual presentation routine
- ability to walk gracefully in your heels
- great hair and make-up
- have attended a contest, workshop, or viewed a video of one
3. Registration and check-in
- Attend the early check-in if at all possible)
- Your registration will be confirmed then you will be officially entered into the appropriate class.
- At the contest, a competitor’s meeting will be held where contest rules and the final order of events will be discussed. Your number will be assigned. (And you’ll wait and wait).
4. Here’s what you’ll need in your gym bag to take to the show:
- Your 1-piece and 2-piece suits; store each in a zip lock freezer bag. This makes each easy to take care of and find when you need it.
- Your competitor number and small zip lock bag to keep it in as you switch suits.
- Water and food (chicken breast, small bites of potato or rice cakes, Beverly goo – 1 scoop MP chocolate or UMP, ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup peanut butter
- Warm-up suit
- Make-up kit
- Curling iron, hair spray, etc
- Bikini Bite to glue your suit on
- Pam unscented cooking spray to use for oil
- ID or driver’s license for proof of age or residence
- Money for emergencies
- A camera for photos in the pump-up room and out doors.
- Safety pins and sewing kit for emergencies
- Jewelry for prejudging and evening
- Hygiene products
- Back up suits (if you have them)
- Bring extra sheets. You’ll need them to protect your car seats and your hotel room from tan stains.
- Hair and make-up perfected
- Bikini bite applied
- Very light coat of Pam
- Compete in 2-piece round
- You will be lined up numerically back stage in your 2 piece suit. Your class will take the stage lined up in numerical order.
- Your front stance should be positioned towards the center of the judging table.
- You will do 4 basic right turns. Front, right side, rear, left side and final back to the front.
- Your goal is to look polished, confidant, smile, and relaxed while you are staying tight the entire time.
- You may be compared against other athletes throughout the competition. Do not rest for a second, even if you are not being directly compared. You are being judged the entire time you are on stage.
- Wait and wait then repeat a-e above except you’ll be in your 1-piece
- Criteria for judging: body shape, muscle shape, conditioning, grooming, beauty and presentation.
6. The Finals:
- Prepare for the finals just as you did for the prejudging: hair, make-up, Bikini Bite, pump up, Pam.
- If you win your class, you will go back on stage after all classes have been presented their awards and compete against the other class winners in your 2-piece for the Figure Overall.
7. Prepare to compete again. Find two more shows to do.
How do I go about entering a contest
What are the bodybuilding competition guidelines
Are there any rules or restrictions to mens bodybuilding
Are there any special rules or restrictions for female bodybuilders
Is there a bodybuilding competitor checklist that will help me make sure that I have everything covered
What do I need to know about figure competition
Is there a figure competitor checklist
Bikini division competition guidelines
Pre-contest Training Program do less cardio