The goal of this program is to improve your body composition. That means you are going to improve your muscle-to-fat ratio.
Beverly’s 50-20-30 nutrition system helps you maintain and gain lean muscle while you reduce fat at the same time. We call this your net body composition change.
The key to gaining muscular size and density while losing excess fat is through a specialized nutrition program with the emphasis on the correct ratio of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
- However, the correct ratio is not enough. You also need to eat the correct types of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- This is an area where many (who know something about nutrition) go wrong. They eat the correct ratios, but the wrong foods.
- Another area where things can go wrong is your choice of supplements.
- In this program we are going to stick to a proven, time tested supplement formula.
- We’ll give you some prioritized options so that you can stay within your budgetary boundaries, but we won’t recommend what’s cheapest, instead we’ll recommend the supplements that will give you the most value in terms of results.
- The most important measure of this program is not the total amount of lean muscle you gain (for this you’d use our off-season bodybuilding nutrition program) or how many total pounds of fat you lose.
- Your net body composition change (NBCC) is what counts.
- Your NBCC is calculated by adding together the pounds of lean mass you gain and the pounds of fat you lose.
- If you gain four pounds of lean mass and lose five pounds of fat your net body composition change is nine pounds. (And that will make a tremendous improvement in your physique.).
- The recommended supplement program will improve your results in NBCC by another 30%.
- You should set a realistic goal for your NBCC over the next six weeks to three months that you will be on this program. One-half to one pound NBCC per week is excellent progress.
The 50-20-30 Gain Muscle – Lose Fat Nutritional Program
You have to take a disciplined approach and consistently eat the right combination of nutrients and right types of nutrients in order to add quality muscle and improve your body composition as you slowly reduce your body fat percentage. Your nutritional regimen should consist of three basic food types (macronutrients) in the following proportions.
Protein - Your total diet (including supplements) will consist of approximately fifty percent proteins.
- Best sources of protein for building quality muscle while cutting your bodyfat percentage are: lean beef (90% or leaner), salmon, turkey breast, chicken breast, egg whites, fish, whole eggs, and very lean pork.
- The best protein supplements are Ultimate Muscle Protein and Muscle Provider.
- Mass amino acid tablets and Ultra 40 are invaluable to make sure that you utilize the protein you eat and they provide additional amino acids you need to build muscle.
Complex Carbohydrates - Complex carbohydrates will make up about twenty percent of your nutritional intake.
- Best sources of complex carbohydrate for gaining lean muscle while losing fat are oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and all variations of beans.
- Low carb vegetables include salads, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans and just about any other green or yellow vegetable.
- Low carb fruits are blueberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, peaches, and strawberries.
Fats - Dietary fats should make up thirty percent of your caloric intake.
- For best gains on this plan you should really pay attention to getting the right amount and right kinds of dietary fats. Best sources are olive oil, coconut oil, flax oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, almond butter, almonds, walnuts, and heavy cream.
- You should also take an essential fatty acid supplement like Beverly’s EFA Gold or a fish oil supplement.
You can eat any of the following at any time, without jeopardizing your results: Sugar free gum, Crystal Light, diet soda, coffee, tea, sugar-free Jell-O, Splenda, Equal, seasonings, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Remember that this program is designed to add maximum muscular size while reducing fat.
The only time that a “free meal” is acceptable is if you have a special occasion like a birthday, wedding, holiday meal, etc.
Beverages - Make sure that you drink plenty of water. If you are dehydrated, you will not burn fat and you can’t build muscle. Water is necessary in every metabolic process. You should drink at least 96 ounces each day.
- Other acceptable beverages are unsweetened tea and coffee, as well as diet drinks like Crystal Light, diet flavored waters, and diet sodas. Regular fruit juice and milk have large amounts of naturally occurring sugar; and although they may be good foods, they may also result in fat accumulation so they are not part of this nutritional program.
“50-20-30 Gain Muscle – Lose Fat” Diet Plan
Here is a typical meal plan based on six meals. You can adjust portions or add or decrease a meal as needed to maintain progress.
Breakfast (recommended): two whole eggs, four egg whites, five ounces lean beef, one-half cup oatmeal.
[Option B (if you don’t like eggs): eight ounces lean beef, one-half cup oatmeal.]
[Option C (if you want to drink a protein shake for breakfast): two scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, one-half cup liquid egg whites or egg beaters, one-third cup oatmeal, and one-third cup frozen blueberries or three frozen strawberries.]
- - - - - - - - - -
Mid Morning Meal: Protein Drink with two scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein, two tablespoons healthy fat source (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or heavy cream. – Optional: one serving low carb fruit.
[Option B: one can tuna (water packed), one cup cottage cheese and one-half cup pineapple (unsweetened) or one-half cantaloupe.]
[Option C: 8 oz lean beef, one small apple.]
- - - - - - - - - -
Lunch: eight ounces chicken breast (or other lean protein source), two-thirds cup cooked brown rice, green salad with four tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing.
[Option B: eight ounces lean beef, five ounces sweet potato, two cups low carb vegetables.]
- - - - - - - - - -
Mid Afternoon Meal: Tuna or chicken salad - two cans tuna (water packed) or seven-eight ounces chicken breast, two tablespoons mayonnaise, celery, relish, one-half apple.
[Option B: Protein Drink with two scoops Muscle Provider or Ultimate Muscle Protein, two tablespoons healthy fat source (olive oil, flax oil, almond butter) or heavy cream.]
[Option C: Protein Pudding – put two scoops of Ultimate Muscle Protein into a bowl or Tupperware container, add two tablespoons almond butter or heavy cream, and add just enough water to stir into a pudding consistency.]
- - - - - - - - - -
Dinner: ten ounces steak, pork loin, chicken, turkey or fish; two cups low carb vegetables; green salad with four tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing.
[Option B: ten ounces salmon, two cups low carb vegetables, green salad with two tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing.]
- - - - - - - - - -
Before bed snack: Protein pudding – mix two scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein in a bowl with just enough water to make a pudding texture. Add two tablespoons of almond butter, walnuts, or heavy cream.
[Option B: six egg whites, five ounces chicken breast, one serving low carbohydrate vegetable or fruit.]
Supplements for the “50-20-30 Gain Muscle – Lose Fat” Diet Plan
Essential: Ultimate Muscle Protein, Super Pak, Quadracarn*
Next Steps: Creatine Select
Stack: Mass Aminos (or Density), Ultra 40
Additives: Glutamine Select, Muscle Synergy, EFA Gold
Essential - start with the supplements listed above as Essential.
- Ultimate Muscle Protein – UMP will be a staple to your nutrition program. It contains a high quality blend of proteins essential to any muscle building or fat loss program.
- Super Pak - contains all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and micronutrient catalysts you need to support protein synthesis and muscle building. The ingredients in the Super Pak sustain vital metabolic processes – energy production and fatty acid metabolism. They also provide powerful antioxidant protection for recovery, repair, and resistance to illness. You should take one Super Pak per day with breakfast.
- Quadracarn* - males over 35 should consider Quadracarn essential for its ability to aid in testosterone effectiveness. Other benefits include increased fat loss, muscle building and tissue repair. For best results take 3 tablets, 3 times daily.
Next Steps – Once you have the “essentials” covered, the next supplement(s) you’d add to your program are those listed as “Next Steps”.
- Creatine Select - gives you the best bang for your buck if your goal is to increase strength, muscle size, and tone, while losing fat.
Loading Phase: mix one scoop Creatine Select in 4-6 oz of water and consume 4 times daily (with meals) for the first 5 days. (If over 185 lbs take 5 servings per day for 5 days.)
Maintenance Phase: On training days take 1-2 servings twenty minutes before training. On non training days take one serving with your first meal.
Stack - If your budget allows, add the “Stack” and you’ll have a complete supplement strategy to achieve your goal.
- Mass Aminos - Peptide bonded amino acids that increase the nutrient density of each of your meals to force more muscular gains. Because of their unique molecular structure, Mass aminos provide you with the best form of amino acids (the building blocks that muscles are made of) for rapid muscular growth.
- Ultra 40 - Liver extract tablets aid in growth, add extra protein to every meal, and increase your energy and endurance.
Directions: Take two Mass (and Ultra 40) tablets with each meal the first week. Each week add another Mass (and Ultra 40) tablet to each meal. You’ll take three tablets per meal during the second week, four tablets per meal the third week.
On week four you can remain at four tablets each of Mass and Ultra 40 at each meal or you can continue to increase up to six per meal if you want to experiment to see how much muscle growth you can get from this plan.
If weight gain is your main goal, use Mass Aminos, but if fat loss is your main goal, use Density instead.
- Density – Eight essential amino acids with the ability to create any amino acid your body is deficient in. Density is the superior amino acid formulation for fat loss while still retaining hard earned muscle. We recommend 2-3 tablets per meal (about 1 tablet per day per 15 lbs bodyweight). If you weigh 180, take 2 tablets per meal at each of six meals or 12 total per day.
Additives - “Additives” are for the high achiever who wants and can afford it all.
- Glutamine Select plus BCAA’s – like two products in one. Glutamine aids in muscular recovery, immune and digestive health, and insulin stabilization. The three branch chain amino acids, Leucine, Isoluceine, and Valine are an integral part of muscle building.
- Muscle Synergy - powder or tablets, would be an excellent addition to aid in muscular and strength gains if your budget allows it.
- EFA Gold - provides essential fatty acids that support metabolism, improve energy levels, and stimulate natural hormone production that aid in muscle growth and fat metabolism.
- Take three EFA Gold capsules with breakfast and three with dinner.
Lifestyle Hints to Maximize Your “50-20-30 Gain Muscle – Lose Fat” Program
- Try to live a regulated life. Train, eat, and go to bed at the same times each day whenever possible. Don’t miss meals. If you do not eat five or six times a day at least 90% of the time, you will not succeed.
- Strive to progressively improve your workouts. Try to increase your workout weights or reps, or decrease the amount of rest between sets while maintaining weight and reps.
- Have a positive and productive attitude. Read a positive quote of the day, self-help or spiritual literature at a specific time each day. (Sound mind in a sound body principle.)
- If you happen to overeat at a meal, or miss a meal, do not try to compensate by undereating or overeating at your next meal. Each meal is designed as its own separate entity. The nutrients you get at each meal will determine your progress for the next three hours (and your before bed snack can determine your progress for the next eight hours). The 50-20-30 program creates a metabolic environment for to gain muscle and lose fat. You should try to make that environment as perfect as possible.
- Your supplementation program will dramatically enhance your results.
The Mass-Ultra 40 regimen discussed in the Next Steps, section if consistently followed, may provide an average improvement of as much as 30% to your Net Body Composition Change (NBCC).
Please call or email us if you have any questions regarding this program.
Our email is info@BeverlyInternational.net; the phone number is 1-800-781-3475